Monday, October 19, 2009

A Letter To The Programmer

A Letter To The Programmer




This is a letter that I would not show to a programmer in a real-life situation. I've often thought of bits of it at a time, and those bits come up in conversation occasionally, but not all at once.This is based on an observation of the chat window in Skype 4.0.0.226.

Dear Programmer,
I discovered a bug today. I'll tell you how I found it. It's pretty easy to reproduce. There's this input field in our program. I didn't know what the intended limit was. It was documented somewhere, but that part of the spec got deleted when the CM system went down last week. I could have asked you, but you were downstairs getting another latte...


From: A Letter To The Programmer




Come follow my daily antics, links, tips and more @rajneeshgarg on Twitter!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Reading List - 05-Mar-23

Talking to #AI may be the most important job skill of this century ( JohnGoodPasture ) Role of account management over the years. It’s a ro...