- Generics: A way to make classes type-safe that can work on any type, such as narrowing an instance of a collection to hold a specific object type and eliminating the need to cast objects when taking an object out of the collection.
- Enhanced for loop: A cleaner and less error-prone version of the for loop for use with iterators.
- Variable arguments: Support for passing an arbitrary number of parameters to a method.
- Boxing/unboxing: Direct language support for automatic conversion between primitive types and their reference types (such as int and Integer).
- Type-safe enumerations: Clean syntax for defining and using enumerations, supported at the language level.
- Static import: Ability to access static members from a class without need to qualify them with a class name.
- Metadata: Coupled with new tools developed by third-party companies, saves developers the effort of writing boilerplate code by automatically generating the code.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
New Features in Java 5
Several useful features have been introduced in Java 5.
Popular Posts (Last 30 days)
Bugzilla is the Bugs/Issues Tracking Tool from The Mozilla Organization. Version 2.18 is the latest stable release. There are couple of res...
Here is the list of Online Hindi Radio Stations. Copy the URL in your media player and enjoy !! 106.2 HUMFM - UAE ==> http://www.humfm...
JSP Model 1, Model 2 Architectures and MVC Pattern The early JSP specifications presented two approaches for building web applications usi...
Mark the location of the first character of the block of text you want to copy by pressing mx This marks the begining of the text to be copi...
Agile vs Waterfall vs Iterative vs Lean Software Development - In Pictures! : " Tara Whitaker has produced an excellent diagram to dep...
A Product Owner compiles all the changes planned for the product and prioritizes the possible functionalities. Sprint is A 1-6 week period...
Received the pic in an email :)
I am trying to install on a Linux machine (Fedora). Facing a couple of issues(I, being a Windows guy, was to face those issues :(... Anyw...
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL clientRecently I installed MySQL 4.1 on my W2K machine and tried to connect to it. But could not. It threw the error Client does not support authe...