Wednesday, December 7, 2005

toString() Generator plugin for Eclipse

While working in my latest project, I came across a situation where I needed a toString method for my TO (Transfer Object) classes. Instead of using reflection, I simply downloaded Eclipse Plugin for toString generation. Restart the Eclipse and it is ready to be used. For any class that require a toString(), switch to Package Explorer, and right click on the class name. Select 'Generate toString' from the context menu, select the fields, and the method is there in the class!

I had this plugin for quite some time, and had actually forgotton that its not the part of Eclipse. So, in my current project, when I failed to see 'toString generator', I realized it a plugin :)

Besides toString, if you like to see equals() and hashCode() methods as well, use Commonclipse plugin.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Reading List - 05-Mar-23

Talking to #AI may be the most important job skill of this century ( JohnGoodPasture ) Role of account management over the years. It’s a ro...