- Get a faster computer (:D)
- Make sure your code is not doing slow things. (Use a profiler like JProbe)
- Remove any jar files you don't need. When searching for classes every JAR file needs to be examined to find the needed class. Also during webapp startup, jar files are searched for TLD files. If the jar file is not there - there is nothing to search.
- Remove any webapps you don't need. (So remove the all the webapps installed with tomcat)
- Tweak memory parameters - Google is your friend.
- Trim the config files as much as possible. XML parsing is not cheap. The less there is to parse - the faster things will go.
Wednesday, July 6, 2005
How do I make Tomcat startup faster?
These are a few of the options u can try to make your Tomcat Server startup faster:
Popular Posts (Last 30 days)
Bugzilla is the Bugs/Issues Tracking Tool from The Mozilla Organization. Version 2.18 is the latest stable release. There are couple of res...
Here is the list of Online Hindi Radio Stations. Copy the URL in your media player and enjoy !! 106.2 HUMFM - UAE ==> http://www.humfm...
JSP Model 1, Model 2 Architectures and MVC Pattern The early JSP specifications presented two approaches for building web applications usi...
Mark the location of the first character of the block of text you want to copy by pressing mx This marks the begining of the text to be copi...
Agile vs Waterfall vs Iterative vs Lean Software Development - In Pictures! : " Tara Whitaker has produced an excellent diagram to dep...
A Product Owner compiles all the changes planned for the product and prioritizes the possible functionalities. Sprint is A 1-6 week period...
Received the pic in an email :)
I am trying to install on a Linux machine (Fedora). Facing a couple of issues(I, being a Windows guy, was to face those issues :(... Anyw...
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL clientRecently I installed MySQL 4.1 on my W2K machine and tried to connect to it. But could not. It threw the error Client does not support authe...